Howick at a glance
St John’s Village Howick, in the heart of the KZN Midlands, offers the best of all worlds. Sophisticated country living within easy reach of modern day amenities and conveniences – while enjoying a temperate climate of warm summers and cool dry winters.
The centre of Howick is a mere 1.5km from St John’s Village and you will be surprised at the number of amenities and shops that you will discover close by.
- Howick’s medical hub has its own Mediclinic Howick hospital and the Hilton Life hospital a quick 15 minutes away.
- All the banks - FNB, ABSA, Standard, Nedbank and Capitec.
- Retail outlets - st John's Village Lifestyle Centre with a new generation of Pick 'n Pay as the anchor tenant and an exciting array of shops, restaurants, medical and financial service providers.
- A sparkling array of speciality stores beginning at the striking Yard 41 precinct (just off the junction of the Main and Karkloof Roads) and extending right through the Midlands.
- Exceptional schools from the highly sought-after local Howick Preparatory School and Howick High School through to the world famous Midlands heritage schools.
- “Must visit” local places include the historic Howick Falls, the Karkloof Falls (just off the Karkloof Road), the Forgotten Falls (best viewed while enjoying a meal on the balcony of The Farmers Daughter restaurant in the Yard 41 precinct), Midmar Dam, Umngeni Nature Reserve (across the road from St John’s Village).
- A tribute visit to the Mandela Monument and Museum on the R103 at Lions River is a must. And you may want to round off the visit with a coffee break at the locals’ favourite